Gifts of stock, especially long-term appreciated stock, provide benefits to Open Hand and you. Open Hand can put your funds to work immediately and you can:
- Give away appreciated assets and usually avoid tax on the gain
- Receive the regular charitable income tax deduction if you itemize your taxes
- Claim a tax deduction for the full fair market value (rather than the cost value) of your stock if you have owned the securities for more than one year
Ways You Can Give Stock:
- Through Electronic Funds Transfer: Advise your broker to transfer stock to Project Open Hand/Atlanta, Inc. using the account information listed below.
The Open Hand federal tax identification number is 58-1816778. Please also advise Jeff Carrico, Director of Development, regarding the specifics of your transfer, 404-419-1109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account #: 29s-03428
Representative: Sandra Meyer
Account name: Project Open Hand Atlanta/Inc.
- Through Direct Delivery of Stock: Deliver actual stock certificates and stock powers to Open Hand.
Please consult your tax advisor to make sure that you maximize your gift and your deduction in accordance with the current tax laws. If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Carrico, Director of Development, at 404-419-1109.