Join one of the most dynamic, innovative nonprofit organizations in the country.
Open Hand is always interested in talented individuals who aspire to be part of a team focused on fulfilling our mission...and touching many lives along the way. The following opportunities exist because Open Hand continues to expand and enhance our Comprehensive Nutrition Care model -- one of the most innovative and "hands on" public health and wellness programs ever introduced. We're up to the challenge...and you should be, too!
Current Employment Opportunities
Client Care Associate
OPEN HAND CLIENT CARE ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Distribution Manager
We prepare, package and deliver approximately 4,500 meals every day for the most vulnerable members of our community - our family, friends and neighbors with chronic and critical illnesses. With the help of almost 15,000 annual volunteers and generous donors, we are able to accomplish our important mission. Whether in a company vehicle or personal vehicle, our Client Care Associates are the “face” of Open Hand - performing the all-important task of delivering meals to our clients in a timely, personable and professional manner.
This position shares accountability for meeting annual government, foundation and corporate income goals with the Director of Grantsmanship Programs.
- Drives company or personal vehicle over established routes to deliver Good Measure or Open Hand meals primarily to locations in and around metro Atlanta
- Deliver meals to clients by following route sheets to determine points of destination
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients (friendliness, timeliness, accuracy)
- Assist when needed with packaging of meals for delivery to clients. Load vehicle being driven with packaged meals for delivery
- Document undeliverable meals on route sheet and give to Distribution on return from delivery route
- Complete delivery mileage and gas logs as applicable after completion of delivery route(s)
- Keep vehicles clean
- Occasional special food delivery requests may be made
- Meals must be handled carefully to avoid damage to them
- MUST have reliable vehicle to travel to and from work and for work purposes
- Dress professionally with a neat and clean appearance
- Work day hours will vary from day to day, as early 4:00am to as late as 9:00pm
- You may be required to work on weekends
- Must have a cell phone during work shift and usage must be limited to work related issues that arise during delivery of meals and should only be made when vehicle is not moving.
- Additional duties may be assigned
This candidate will have food service experience, preferably in culinary. This candidate will be able to contribute to a productive and cooperative atmosphere, show commitment to team objectives, handle day-to-day work challenges and manage multiple tasks and competing demands. This candidate will be able to speak and write clearly and concisely in English, listen carefully and seek clarification. This candidate will be able to create documents that are complete and accurate and serve as an expert on job and procedures.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
Director of Human Resources
176 Ottley Drive,NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
These are the only Employment Opportunities available at this time.