Join one of the most dynamic, innovative nonprofit organizations in the country.
Open Hand is always interested in talented individuals who aspire to be part of a team focused on fulfilling our mission...and touching many lives along the way. The following opportunities exist because Open Hand continues to expand and enhance our Comprehensive Nutrition Care model -- one of the most innovative and "hands on" public health and wellness programs ever introduced. We're up to the challenge...and you should be, too!
Current Employment Opportunities
Meal Delivery Drivers
MEAL DELIVERY DRIVERS
Utilizing the Good Measure Meals (GMM) refrigerated vehicle, deliver meals safely, undamaged, and accurately to designated locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliveries must be made maintaining all established safety standards, adhering to posted driving guidelines, and possessing a clean driving record.
- Maintain the GMM vehicle in a manner that will ensure the meals are refrigerated at all times and food safety guidelines are strictly adhered to.
- Handle meal packs carefully to prevent damage to meals such as breaking seals or cracking the containers
- Communicate in a friendly and professional manner when interacting with customers and employees at our pick up location partners
- Notify Distribution Management of any vehicle maintenance issues immediately
- Notify Distribution Management of anything out of the ordinary (customer complaint, faulty equipment, confrontation…)
- Always follow the delivery schedule to ensure on time delivery of all meal plans to each pick up location customer expectations are always met.
- Ensure that the correct meals are delivered to the correct location and return all manifests for unclaimed meals left at each location
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including driving on all types of roads and expressways. The requirements in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Driving tests, both written and driving, may be administered. Employment is based on successfully passing a drug test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uncomplicated written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problem situations in a professional manner
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid automobile driver license and insurance are required at all times
Must have the ability to lift 50lbs regularly and repetitively
This position reports to Assistant Routing Manager of Distribution
Black or khaki slacks/shorts and an OH shirt.
Since we are engaged in handling a food product, employees should not smoke at any time around the food, in the Good Measure Meals vehicles or while delivering the meals
1. Valid Driver's License (verifying that you are 21+)
2. Clean driving record
3. Your own vehicle
4. Vehicle Insurance
BACKGROUND CHECK & DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
Clilck here to apply > Open Hand Atlanta
Responsible for daily operations of kitchen production & continuous quality improvement initiatives, including food safety, lean management, sanitation, recipe precision and inventory issuing to meet the demanding needs of a customer-driven food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages ALL kitchen activity to ensure highest quality product, cost effectiveness of labor and product, and management/development of individual staff to ensure proper execution of recipes.
- Manages the execution and development of standards & processes of recently launched Catering product to ensure efficient integration into production and highest quality standards are consistently met
- Effectively collaborates with menu development team to troubleshoot and correct recipes to ensure consistent product and accurate yields; assists with the development and continued improvement of all recipes
- Manages volunteer labor, ensuring their work meets our standards while at the same providing a great volunteer experience for them; works collaboratively with Volunteer Services to coordinate mutually beneficial experience
- Persistently monitors inventory issuing on the floor to ensure exact quantities and consistent recipe execution
- Persistently monitors and ensures adherence to HACCP to guarantee highest food safety controls
- Initiates collaboration with internal customers to develop processes, trainings and improved communication to eliminate downtime and ensure product is presented accurately
- Leads efforts to ensure kitchen is clean and organized at all times, ensuring all LEAN and 5S standards are met
- Manages staff requested PTO
- Works collaboratively with all departments to support marketing efforts to advance our mission and expansion
- Ensures maintenance of all equipment and collaborates with Executive Chef and Facilities Manager of equipment failure or malfunction
- Maintains Smallwares inventory and advises of need based upon volume, breakage, and theft
- Mentors, manages, schedules and completes all documentation for Culinary Externs including completing externship reviews and verification of hours worked.
- Constantly trains and coaches all staff in appropriate ways to execute assigned duties & recipes in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Assigns additional work as necessary to staff
- Files all paperwork as required in a timely manner to the appropriate staff
- Maintains a professional appearance and wears appropriate attire at all times
- Represents Open Hand at events and outside meetings
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by Executive Chef and Senior Director of Operations.
Manage and develop all kitchen staff; daily coaching and training of staff for continuous quality improvement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Start of job will be dependent on a satisfactory criminal background check.
Compensation is based on an annual salary since position is exempt.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and acceptable reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
Requires face to face discussions with individual or teams, including conflict situations.
Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company.
Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
Opportunity to make decisions without supervision.
Responsible for work outcomes and results.
Requires ability to coordinate staff, provide service orientations, maintain proper work appearance.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be regularly exposed to chilled air conditioned conditions which may required extra layers of clothing to remain comfortable. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Requires exposure to minor burns and cuts.
CELL PHONE AND HEADSET USAGE
The usage of cell phones is restricted to break time only. Headsets are not allowed while performing duties due to safety issues and impairment of necessary communications with staff and volunteers.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Open Hand is a drug free and substance abuse free work environment. Random drug testing may be conducted by an external, neutral tester on all employees. Any perceived use of drugs or reporting to work under the influence of alcohol may be grounds for immediate dismissal.
Open Hand is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Open Hand complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.
BACKGROUND CHECK & DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
Clilck here to apply: Open Hand Atlanta
These are the only Employment Opportunities available at this time.