Join one of the most dynamic, innovative nonprofit organizations in the country.
Open Hand is always interested in talented individuals who aspire to be part of a team focused on fulfilling our mission...and touching many lives along the way. The following opportunities exist because Open Hand continues to expand and enhance our Comprehensive Nutrition Care model -- one of the most innovative and "hands on" public health and wellness programs ever introduced. We're up to the challenge...and you should be, too!
Current Employment Opportunities
Meal Plan Packer/Router
MEAL PLAN PACKER/ROUTER
The Meal Plan Packer/Router is expected to participate in all aspects of the food packaging processes as needed and comply with Open Hand’s food safety, sanitation, and HACCP plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructs, trains and monitors staff in all aspects relating to Sorting and Routing.
Trains employees and develops the skills and knowledge necessary to complete the meal plan routing process
- Ready bags – count, and mark (if necessary)
- Monitors the accurate routing of meal plans for delivery and ensures that customers receive the correct meal plan.
- Ensures that all GMM Plans are in good condition and of the highest quality, including meals, snacks, and side items.
- Ensures the accurate packing of all GMM Plans, including meals, snacks, and side items.
- Creates meal type appropriate side lists that are clear and understandable to the routing crew, including side menus and ensuring that ‘used by’ dates are checked and adhered to.
- Communicates with appropriate GMM staff as soon as possible with any inventory issues, including meals and side items.
- Communicates and approves employee work schedules and PTO requests; documents and addresses employee issues concerning tardiness and unplanned absences.
- Assists in the monitoring of labor hours and communicates labor needs to upper management.
- Assists in the routing of residential and business deliveries.
- Provides emergency support to drivers experiencing difficulties in the delivery process; drives routes on an emergency basis or as needed.
- Works with the Distribution Manager as well as GMM Customer Service Team to help resolve customer concerns.
- Ensures that all GMM Routers are fully supervised in all aspects of meal plan accuracy, food safety, and the highest quality product.
- Assists in the monitoring of labor hours and communicates labor needs to upper management
- Assists in creation of tools needed to monitor labor hours and control costs.
- Assists in the planning for future expansion through creating new procedures and revamping current ones to meet future needs.
- Provides timely, detailed, formal reports concerning all issues and information that may be needed by management to resolve problems that have occurred and to identify and anticipate future issues and needs.
- Assists in the development of procedures to minimize shrink and loss that may occur during the Routing/ Sorting process.
- Identifies and resolves all issues relating to employee safety during Routing/ Sorting.
- Identifies and resolves any problems that occur during the Routing/ Sorting process.
- Ensures that the facilities are clean and secure at the end of the shift, with particular attention to the temperatures of coolers/freezers. Ensures that all cooking appliances are off.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Knowledge tests may be administered. Employment is based on successfully passing both a background and drug test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is based on an hourly rate. Mandatory time clock usage at beginning of shift, at lunchtime, and at end of shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and acceptable reading skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to communicate to all staff and volunteers appropriately.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uncomplicated written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly and to stand for long periods of time. The job requires repetitive and continuous intensive physical labor, INCLUDING FREQUENT TURNING, TWISTING, BENDING OVER, AND WALKING.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be regularly exposed to chilled air conditioned conditions which may required extra layers of clothing to remain comfortable. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
CELL PHONE AND HEADSET USAGE
The usage of cell phones is restricted to break time only. Headsets are not allowed while performing duties due to safety issues and impairment of necessary communications with staff and volunteers.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Open Hand is a drug free and substance abuse free work environment. Random drug testing may be conducted by an external, neutral tester on all employees. Any perceived use of drugs or reporting to work under the influence of alcohol may be grounds for immediate dismissal.
Open Hand is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Open Hand complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.
>> CLICK HERE TO APPLY
These are the only Employment Opportunities available at this time.