Chronically ill clients are referred to Open Hand through their medical providers that complete an Open Hand CI intake and referral form.
How the process works:
- The service provider will assess and refer a client to Open Hand based on the following eligibility criteria:
- Any person who is experiencing an acute life-threatening episode or who is believed to be in imminent danger of such an episode.
- A chronically or critically ill patient is medically unstable and, if not treated, likely to decline.
- The service provider will then fill out an intake form, including a certificate of eligibility and consent, and indicate the applicable criteria.
- The service provider will then fax this request to the attention of Aleta Mclean, Director of Client Services, at (770) 234-3898 / (404) 419-3315. Or requests may be mailed to: Open Hand, 176 Ottley Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30324.
- If there are any questions or concerns regarding the intake form, the service provider may be called for clarification.
The Next Step
Have your medical provider complete the CI intake and referral form and submit it and the certificate of eligibility and consent to Open Hand. Of course, if you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to call Aleta McLean, Director of Client Services at 404-419-3313.